If you need a vacation in the sun and on the beach take a trip down to Sarasota, Florida and spend a long weekend frolicking in the aqua waters of the Gulf of Mexico and walking along one of its gorgeous beaches.
You can catch a flight from Atlanta and fly right into Sarasota or an hour north into Tampa. It should only take you a couple of hours before you can be relaxing on the beach soaking up some rays. There are several great hotels in Sarasota including the Resort at the Longboat Key Club, Ritz Carlton, Hyatt, Lido Key Beach Resort and Lido Beach Holiday Inn.
5 Fun Things to do in Sarasota, Florida
1) First and foremost, the beaches of Sarasota are the main reasons why people vacation here. Siesta Key beach is continually ranked as the one of the best beaches in the world. In 2010 Dr. Beach ranked Siesta Key beach as the 2nd prettiest beach in the United States. Longboat Key and Lido Key beaches are also very enjoyable.
2) St. Armands Circle a great shopping and dining destination. Here you can enjoy a delicious meal at an outdoor café, do some shopping in one of the many chic stores, devour a tasty ice cream from Kilwins or get a massage at the day spa The Met.
3) View some real estate. On Sunday go hit some open houses and catch a glimpse of some very nice real estate. Go hit a few Longboat Key condos to see some amazing units on the beach with stunning views of the water and beach.
4) Grab a fishing rod and do something fishing off the beach. Better yet, charter a boat and catch some fish in either Sarasota bay or the Gulf of Mexico. During the summer months you just might hook into a large tarpon.
5) Sarasota Jungle Gardens features 10 acres of lush tropical vegetation, winding jungle trails and entertaining, educational bird and reptile shows throughout the day. This is a great place to take the family.
Sarasota, Florida is a great place to getaway for the weekend where you can help untie your knots and spend quality time with your family.